Monday, April 16, 2012

Custom shoes

This is really late to be posted (almost 2 months late). I guess I forgot to hit the publish button. Check out my custom shoes!

My first shoe fitting (02/20/2012).


   It was just like the fit sessions that I hold at work for outerwear except now I had to give feedback rather then ask the questions. How do the shoes feel? Where are they tight? Are there any points that are not comfortable? These were questions that I had to answer and I found that articulating what I was feeling was harder then I ever thought it would be. The shoes that you see are just a prototype made in generic grey leather made around the custom shoe last that was built for my feet. With all the feedback that I was giving the phototypes would be sent back to the fty for changes then the real shoes in my chosen leather would be made.

Can you see all the pen marks? That is how the shoe maker will remember where to make changes.

Here's the final product of one of the pairs that I had made.

No comments: