Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Awards!

Hi Everyone!

Now that Krista's really back and settled in, we're both going to try to keep up with posting duties.  For my re-entry into the glamorous world of blogging (I used to also contribute to The Brew Log with some friends, until we all stopped remembering to put anything up there), I'm excited to share a big award that a new boot that I worked on won.

Getting any product to market is always a huge team effort, and it's been great working on this particular boot - as a fully USA sourced and manufactured product, it's been a learning experience for me to get a better understanding of the different needs and concerns that go in to making a boot here, vs at our factories overseas.

When I started backpacking with the Scouts, and especially once I started working at A16, there were 2 magazines that I would regularly read for gear reviews, trip inspiration, and daydream fodder - Backpacker and Outside.  It's been really gratifying to have 2 different products that I've had a hand in show up in both of those magazines this Spring.

First, our Mt Defiance boot was called out in Backpacker's Spring Gear Guide as having the 'Best Support' in their Heavy Duty Boot Category


And now, the boot that I mentioned up top - our Portland made Crater Rim Boots was just awarded by Outside Magazine in their Spring Gear Guide as their 'Gear of the Year' for their Trail Shoe category!


Anyway it's pretty exciting, and hopefully I'm not bragging too much, or if I am, I don't make a habit out of it.  The next posts should hopefully be of Krista and I actually getting out and using the products that we help make in some the activities for which they were intended.

No comments: