Saturday, October 8, 2011

Farmer's market

I found a cute little farmer's market, Yay! Got myself some Braggs Cider Vinegar (with The Mother), signed up for fresh yogurt delivery, bought a lamb/pumpkin baked dumpling and purchased a bottle of Sauvignon Blanc for CHEAP. It's the smallest market I've ever been to but has enough good things that I'll totally be back in 2 weeks.
It's held at the eco garden community that I scoped out yesterday.

There were lots of westerners there. Most of the 12+ vendors were western.

Oh, I also ate the last of the pound of shrimp i bought on Friday. I made a cooked version of Ceviche, which i guess makes it just a shrimp salad...no matter what I call it, it was awesome.



My sister-in-law, Miki, mentioned that I need to try 小龍包, AKA Xiaolongbao. So this week I'm going to try to find these dumplings. Miki, correct me if I'm wrong but I think these are what you were talking about...


Soup dumplings.jpg
They do look delicious 

1 comment:

Mikki said...

Hi, Krista.
That's the one!! Xiaolongbao ;-)

Enjoy!

-MIki