Monday, January 9, 2012

Christmas and whatnot

    I finally got to meet up with Donald on Christmas Eve. We both flew into San Francisco at about 9am. I arrived first and waited for Donald in the greeting hall. I thought that I could hold it together but it turned out that I couldn't. I was teary eyed for awhile then couldn't stop staring at him with googly-eyes ( a look that he is very familiar with anyways). We dropped our bags off at the hotel then went into the city to hangout and meet up with some friends. 
   We started out with getting some good food to fill our belly's (something that's not hard in SF, there is good food around every corner) then we met up with our friends Mike G and Kara (engaged and getting married this year!). Kara's parents were in town so the 6 of us hung out for a couple of hours just wondering around and enjoying a cocktail or two. Once we parted ways Donald took me to the Haight-Ashbury neighborhood to hit up my favorite jewelry store of all times, Braindrops (if i recall correctly, this is also where Chrissie got a tattoo...right?!). I ordered a pair of my dream earrings...the only place that has so much good jewelry that I have the hardest time deciding every time I go. After finishing up here we didn't have anything else on our agenda except meeting up with another friend of ours, Belle. She had to work so we killed a bit of time at a bar at the top of one of the hotels at Union Square. Once Belle made it into the city from Oakland we grabbed a long relaxing dinner at a quality no-name Diner. We didn't stay out late due to my jet-lag and us needing to catch an early x-mas morning flight to Philadelphia then to San Juan, Puerto Rico....
Donald and I at Union Square in San Fransisco!

On our way to PR! and it looks like Donald is in travel-mode...where's the smile? :)

We finally made it! Hello Puerto Rico!

We got to our hotel just in time to have 30 mins of Christmas left so
we went for a walk along the main street in the Condado part of town
and got margarita's to celebrate.

Somehow Donald found time to work, even at 2am.
Not our typical Christmas but one that I will never forget.

No comments: