Sunday, September 25, 2011

Photo tour of my Sunday

I had to go back to Taikang Rd for a look around in the daylight. It's just as impressive as it was at last night. There were so many shops that I actually got shopped-out by hour 2. Check it out!

  I was hungry when I got to Taikang Rd so my first stop was for some food. I found one of my favorite things so far. I think they called it Milk Skin?!? and I got mine with Red Bean topping. It was heaven in a bowl, a light milk based custard for only 12Yuan ($1.75USD). I have noted the location of this shop so I can go back.

Ally after ally of shops and people!



Most of the shops had steep stairs that led to more items to check out

Map of the shopping district.

Then I found the Liuli China Museum (Museum of glass). This turned out to be cooler then I expected when I first walked in.
The building was an installation all in itself,
called This Peony Will Bloom II. Has over 5,025 steel petals.
Japanese artist Kychei Fujita.
"Five Colored Dance"

Chinese artist Loretta Hui-Shan Yang
"A great wish"

 This was my favorite. US artist Jay Musler,
Called "City". It looks so modern but is from 1949!

The museum had a great outdoor space to relax in.
The founder of the museum was an artist and really into creating glass buddhas.
The one on the right has hundreds of tiny buddhas carved on the inside.

She also sculpted this guy. Really cool and ornate in person.


Here's a better picture of the Peony on the outside of the building.

I wandered my neighborhood a bit. Here are a couple picture of the tree lined streets in the old French Concession.


Then I found Fuxing Park.

 There were so many people using this park. Obviously a very well used community area.
People were flying kites, roller blading, kids playing, practicing Thai Chi, 
Ballroom dancing, walking, resting and playing Badminton. 

I even found a Holland, MI based company represented along my walk!

Last but not least, I had to get a snack so i chose this sketchy stand with bread-type items.
It was pretty yummy.

Another weekend under my belt.

No comments: