Sunday, September 18, 2011

A relaxed day to E Nanjing Rd, The Bund and Huangpu Park

I moved into a new apartment this morning and the new place is better then the first on. Can I stay here instead? I'm sure as heck going to try! The layout is so much better and there is about 3x the amount of counter space in the kitchen. Once I get settled, i'll be sure to share pictures of my home for the next 6 months.

East Nanjing Road = Mega shopping street for locals and visitors. The street is closed off from car traffic.The people watching was better then the actual shopping.




The Bund = Lots of history here. I saw a lot of European style architecture here and had a great view of Pudong across the Huangpu River. Again, the people watching was great!

This is Pudong (new development of Shanghai). All of what you see above was built after 1990!

Not all pictures of me will be flattering, sadly. It was pretty windy here!

The bund, not typical Chinese architecure 


The subways are always busy...this is a quiet Sunday!


I went to Tesco again today to buy a few more vegetables to eat for dinner and decided to give Chinese meat a try. I settled on pre-packaged ground pork and stayed away from all the meat that was being man-handled by customers. Dinner was veggie-tastic with a little pig protein...this bigger kitchen is really great!

Until next time :)

1 comment:

shawn and trisha said...

your picture isn't nearly as the guy behind you! He could use the wind as an excuse as well.