Saturday, December 3, 2011

Half marathon...here I come!

   11 hours and 30 mins...that's the countdown. I think that I'm ready and I found out they will have a clothing check so I should be able to stay warm prior to the race (it's going to be about 40 degrees when I leave for the race at 6am). Race starts at 7:30am. The race committee has been the kinda funny b/c they keep sending me inspirational texts, like the following:

1. Weather forecast of 4 Dec: temperature: 9-13 degree, Wind: NW at 16-24 km/h. Pls make sure you get enough sleep tonight.
2. Pls have more carbohydrate wiz a light diet. Pls do NOT be overexcited, keep mood. Health first, race second.
3. Please have enough sleep and proper training to ensure your physical strength.
4. Please have more carbohydrate, but less fat. Please take good care of yourself and have your gear ready.

Who wouldn't be ready with that kind of inspirational advise! :)

   Besides getting ready for the race today I needed to get all my errands done b/c I have a busy day tomorrow. I was off to see the Avocado Lady to get my produce for the week, next store is a new "bakery" that makes and sells these sweet pastries with fillings like Almond Paste, Sweet Bean Paste, Nuts and Candied Cherries (you know, those sickly sweet bright red and green cherries in jars) and Black Sesame Paste. All of them are SO good.

I shouldn't buy these b/c I know they are so bad for me.
   
   Then I went for a walk in my neighborhood. I wanted to check out the Shanghai Cultural Center b/c the grounds look very nice each time I pass by. It's about 4 big blocks from my apartment complex so I wouldn't be out long but just enough to enjoy the day. Not long enough to tired me out too much and get me back to the apartment in time to prep for tomorrow. I did a little window shopping along the way.

Anyone need a colorful dog?

   Once I got to the cultural center, it was closed up so I couldn't wander around. These are just a few shots of the building. I would love to see a play here sometime...currently hosting the Hunchback of Notre Dame (Paris cast). I'm now back at the apartment relaxing...heading to bed early!

No comments: