Friday, February 10, 2012

It snowed today


I don't think you can tell from the picture but it is snowing!
It was the first time that I saw people (pretty much everyone) using umbrellas to protect
 themselves from the snow. I guess it was wet snow, not the kind that you can just brush
 off your shoulders. Above is my team walking to lunch. We were going to celebrate the
start to a new year (the year of the lucky water dragon)!

The team, clockwise from bottom left; Tina, Diana, my
empty chair, Martin, Celine, Ewgenia and Oliver.

And, of course, the food!
And this wasn't even all of it! Clockwise from bottom center; Spicy fish stew, pickled peanuts,
Shrimp skewers, tofu skins in a thick broth, beef ribs, spicy cabbage, lettuce rolls, Fried pumpkin
in egg batter, lettuce wrapped pork, spicy vegetable noodles and fried eggplant. Missing; boiled
sesame dumplings, bullfrog stew and warm corn juice to drink with the meal! It was all delicious :)
I have to take advantage of Chinese meals like this since I only have 19 days left in China. I will have to hunt around in Portland for some good Chinese restaurants...I've heard there are a few.

No comments: