Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Things that I appreciate and will miss...

   As I was walking home last night I came across some thing that I will really miss but never really gave much thought to before. Check out this video (sorry, the lights are a little blurry at first):


   I love that the traffic lights here give you a countdown of how long the light will stay green or how long it will stay red. I think it's very handy and will have to get used to not having this in Portland. I think that it does allow for more last minute light running...

Something that I will not miss


   I will not miss having to do tiny loads of laundry, just enough to hang in my shower to dry. I will appreciate being able to procrastinate doing laundry until Donald and I have run out of clean clothes then do multiple giant loads then tossing them in the dryer.  I have a washer/dryer (one unit that does both) but can only use the washer portion of it b/c the dryer gets SO hot that it put holes in several garments the first time I dried them when arriving to Shanghai 6 months ago. Most people here have to hang dry everything but they all have good spots to hang dry clothes outside. Since I'm on the 18th floor I think that I would loose everything to the wind if I put it out.

No comments: