Monday, February 6, 2012

More custom shoes

   I finally got back into my normal Sunday routine with a nice long run this morning. It's been since mid December that I've been around for one of these. I took it easy and planned an 8 mile route. I thought for sure that I wouldn't have anything interesting to say about this run but that was before I actually did it. Turns out that I got lost again! The route seemed so simple but one little wrong turn threw the whole thing out of whack. I was so frustrated b/c every turn I made was onto another "L" street. Why are all the street names so frustratingly similiar...Longhua, Longyuan, Longheng, Longshui. No joke! These are really the streets that I ended up on! I felt like I was running in circles! Somehow, probably by running East and North, I finally stumbled upon my original route but I had managed by that point to get in 3 extra miles. In the end it worked out b/c I got to end my long run about 3 blocks from my apartment and didn't have to take the Metro home.

   After making it to the China Post and market for veggies I finally got organized enough to go order a pair of custom shoes. I've known for awhile what I wanted to have made but have just been putting it off. These custom shoes are not expensive when you consider what you pay in the US for a good pair of leather shoes and these ones are custom to my feet. One pair of custom shoes turned into 2 pairs (sorry Donald!). I can't wait to pick them up before I leave town.

YanYe custom shoes on Fuxing Road. Mr. Zhoa is great!


No comments: