Saturday, October 1, 2011

Lunches with colleagues

The last 2 days have been a bit of a blur since Donald arrived a day early and all I can think about is how happy I am to have him here. Yes, i will continues to blog even with this big distraction :)

I went out for noodles with my friend Oliver from work. He made an interesting choice in lunch food that I had to try once. Isn't it important to try things before you cast them off in your brain as something that you don't like?! well, i think so. Does anyone want to take a guess at what he ordered?! Sorry, i didn't get a close up of it.

It's part of an animal...


Something that we don't normally eat...


It's functions to help this animal digest...


Pig intestine, and yes I tried it. It was chewy, as i expected
 it to be but it didn't taste bad. Take notice of the wall in the
background. The entire walls were wallpapered like this, the stripes
were just thin enough that my eyes moired the entire time I was there
and it made me feel so sick.
This was my lunch, yummy noodles with veggies and beef fat back
Here was yesterday's lunch with more friends from work. This place, sadly, did not have a picture menu so we were laughing about what i would do if i was there on my own. In case you all want to know, the menu had thumbs-up signs next to certain items so I told them all that I would just pick a couple dishes with these signs next them and hope that I get something that I recognize.

Oliver and Tina with the picture-less menu, ordering fish, eggplant,
this amazing hot cabbage in yummy broth and breaded/fried pork.

Me pretending that I can read the menu and decide what we are eating.
In my dreams!

Apparently the owner of the restaurant was absent yesterday b/c
the waiter gave Ewgenia the ordering pad to write what we wanted.
He said he was too busy to take our order but we argued back that there
 was only one other table. What a lazy dude!

No comments: