Thursday, November 10, 2011

As promised

  If I had to create a second edition of my snack post from yesterday I would be excited that I actually was able to find a beef flavored candy at the office today. This would be the entire reason for a second edition...

Zoom in on this picture b/c you can read that the wrapper says "Beef Grain" as the flavor!
 
  After lunch today Diana and Tina took me with them to what I'll call a "snack shack" b/c Diana wanted to stock up on some nuts for her family. It seemed that this stand did all it's own roasting at that location. I wasn't prepared with my camera so I will have to take pics another day but I'm telling you about this now b/c we ended up trying a nut that wasn't on the shopping list. Check this out:

Do you know what these are?
   Maybe I lead a sheltered life but I really don't remember seeing many types of nuts in their shells in the States. The only time I can think of is during the holidays when friends' families, and maybe even my Aunt Barb (although I can't remember for sure, though, i'll never forget the ceramic Santa of Chex Mix!) would put out bowls of whole nuts and a nut cracker. But the variety was limited to almonds, walnuts and pecans. I don't remember the nut in the above picture. It's a Macadamia and roasted with something sweet. I'll be buying some of these for myself soon b/c they were SO delicious.

   Do I lead a sheltered life or are Americans too impatient to have to crack their own nuts, we just prefer them pre-shelled?

No comments: