Sunday, November 20, 2011

   I can do my long runs by myself. Today I woke up knowing that I was going to have to run 12 miles by myself and I wasn't looking forward to it. I prefer to have my friends with me to help kill the 2 hours that it takes to run 12 miles...but I did it! And it wasn't so bad (felt great too)! I think that I'll be ready for the half marathon 14 days.


I do love that the street food is so cheap and available on every street corner. I was able to
 buy a fresh hot bread-like roll for only 1rmb as soon as I finished my run!


 Also saw some pretty interesting things while on this run:
1. Man on scooter with 2 raw half pigs, not covered!
2. Me running faster then some people on bikes, I felt like a speed demon :)
3. Old Chinese man running in the middle of traffic on a big road (didn't seem like the best place to be running)
4. 12 statues of HUGE white stallions, I couldn't figure out their significance.
5. Dog owners laying newspaper down for the dogs to poop on then leaving the paper on the ground. With 23 million ppl in this city I think that dog owners are going to have learn to pick after their pets.

Really wish I could  easily carry a camera with me...

No comments: