Friday, November 4, 2011

First doctors appointment in China

   I had my first real hospital visit in China today (i don't think my scary health exam my first week here really counts). Don't worry, it wasn't anything serious. I just needed to get a  prescription filled and needed to see a doctor to do so. I actually killed 2 birds with 1 stone b/c I have plans on running the Shanghai half marathon next month but need to have a doctors approval to even sign up...so not kidding. Well, got the prescription and the approval for the marathon. The appointment felt about the same as going to the doctors in the states except for the fact that I cold barely understand my doctor (b/c of his Swedish accent, you expected that he was Chinese, huh?) and they took my weight in kilograms.

I survived.

No comments: