Tuesday, November 22, 2011

I'm SO lucky, even though I was sick

    Today I woke up not feeling well so I opted to take the day to rest...and rest I did! It's easy to do when there is nothing to do in my apartment, literally. So I slept and slept and slept some more.

    I got a call in the middle of the day from the front desk saying that a package arrived for me...good thing I was home b/c I needed to sign for it. It was the package that Donald and Trisha put together for me and was as heavy as a box of bricks but sounded like a box of sand. It seems that somehow the bag of Polenta got 2 huge holes in it. See below, everything was coated in polenta dust!!


All my new treats. Inventory, 1 box mac&cheese, quinoa, green lentils, mixed dried beans
couscous, polenta, 2 Food and Wines, a Cuisine Magazine, 2 jars of Donald's hot sauce,
10 chocolate bars and 2 of my favorite movies ever (Elf and The Thin Man)!
Thank you, Donald and Trisha!

2 comments:

shawn and trisha said...

OOOPS sorry about the popped polenta! But glad it made it so quickly!
Let me know what you think of the hot sauce! xoxo

Krista said...

no worries. But it wasn't a popped bag, the bag had 2 huge slashes in it...like it was cut by a knife. The weird part is that I don't think customs opened the package. Must have been cut by some other item it was packed with? I hear that chocolate bars are sharp. ;)