Monday, November 14, 2011

Shiny new shoes!

  When Donald was here visiting, the first day that he wondered around by himself he found a custom shoe store. He was impressed at how well the store was put together and grabbed a business card so we could check it out together. Well, when he showed me the card that night and it turned out to be the same place that I had read about on someone's blog about Shanghai. The place came highly recommended. So we went back the next day and Donald picked out some custom shoes to get made. Check out these bad boys, they're beauties.

The process is a month long. The shoe maker carves a last for each customer (a
last is a 3D pattern of the foot). Then finally starts to form the shoe accordingly.

   I tried to show the color better by putting the shoe on a white towel but don't think it helped.They are a deep mahogany brown color with chocolate brown trim and laces. I can't wait for Donald to get dressed up with these. Now I just need to work on deciding what my custom pair of shoes should look like and get the order placed pronto.

Totally changing the subject!

Look, I made another Chinese meal. The spicy potatoes from my cooking class,
garlic bok choy, Ma-po Tofu (Spicy Tofu) and steamed rice.  Yum!

I bought a lot of these deserts on Saturday and am one flavor each night!
Surprise, Surprise...they are all filled with sweet bean paste. I think this one
also had some matcha added to it. It was really good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those shoes are fantastic! ... What are you thinking of for yourself? :)

~Alaina

Lindsay S. said...

I'd love the Ma-po Tofu recipe. Dinner looks DELICIOUS!