Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Chinese snacks and junk food

   This goes out to all my friends and family that love junk food, i did this for you!


Cucumber flavored Lays potato chips, these are weird b/c they
really taste like cucumber but there is also this cooling effect,
like there is menthol added to the flavoring or something.

Cheese lobster flavored Lays potato chips. Again, this was weird
b/c it actually tastes like lobster. It wasn't a good combination of flavors.
   I'm not much of a potato chip eater anyways so I purchased the small individual size bag of each. These bags have been  open in my kitchen for about 2 weeks now and are still not empty...I don't think i can get past the odd flavors that I'm not used to in chips.

Salty dried peas. These were good.

Sugar coated dried fava beans. These were coated heavily in
some sort of brown sugar substance. Way TOO sweet! Yuck.

My favorite snack so far. Spicy peanuts. Packed with  pieces of
dried hot peppers and the num peppers that I've mentioned before.
Mouth numb-ingly good!
   Yesterday in the office one of my coworkers passed out little gifts to everyone in celebration of his wedding. Inside was full of candy.

Cute little wedding favors
 These were the 2 most interesting candies in the package:

Hello Kitty! An odd shaped jelly bean thing. I know that Heather
will appreciate the Hello Kitty packaging. I think anything that you can
buy here can be found with Hello Kitty on it! Cars, candy, bottled water,
shampoo and etc. (you get the idea, right?)

Yes, this is really a corn flavored candy. Nothing like candy corn. This is a
jelly candy that tastes like corn on the cob, in the shape of corn on the cob. Totally weird!
  The one thing that I am sad to not have a picture of was my discovery of meat flavored candy. I saw a container of candy in the office break room and decided to take a couple. The first one i popped in my mouth was sweet. Then I opened the second one and got a whiff of it before popping it into my mouth. I checked out the wrapper and sure enough it said "beef flavor" on it! I didn't even go there...that went straight into the trash. There's not way I was going to eat artificially flavored meat candy!!

  I will be sure to document more snack food in the future. I don't promise to eat it all though :)

2 comments:

Luke Gabin Design said...

Cheese Lobster flavor chips :)
Ooooohhhhhh yeah :) I love shrimp chips, I could dig the cheese lobster deal.
totally jealous of your food adventure, and the rest of your adventure. but yeah... the food adventure :)

Krista said...

I'm glad that Cheese Lobster flavor sounds good to somebody! ;)